I end up catching and cooking a Tarpon on an open fire in true bush style. I have never done a catch n cook for a Tarpon and it’s interesting to see what tarpon tastes like. I sleep in my hammock with my sleeping bag, pillow and ground mat. There are many cool fish strikes and lure attacks in this video. Jacks or Snapper just love to attack top water lures.
I used Ecooda Jerk Bait lures in sizes 65mm and 85mm as well as SAKU snoop dog top water lures in size 70mm. I also used a Samaki Zing rod and an Ecooda Blackhawk II 2000 reel, spooled with Ecooda 20 pound braid.
Lively Lures – Cheers Alan Dolan
Be sure to check out the new ZIGGY’s they are amazing!
Sunglasses By MAKO
Lenses I’m using
Mirror Blue – G2H5
Computer & Editing
• Computer-Apple Mac Pro 2013
• Editing Suite-Final Cut Pro X (FCPx)
• Main camera-Gopro Hero 3
My usual settings – 1080p, 30fps, Med FOV, full auto.
• Underwater Camera-Gopro Hero 3
My usual settings – 1080p, 60fps, Wide FOV, full auto.
• Zoom Camera-Panasonic HCV180
My usual settings – 1080p, 50fps, full auto.
• Drone Camera-Phantom 3 Standard
My usual settings – 2k7, full auto.
Boat: (about ,000 fully fitted out with gear)
• Hull-Goldrush Aggressor 5.6m
• Motor-Yamaha F60
• Electric motor – Motor Guide Xi5
• Sounder-Hummingbird 798csi
Canoe & Kayak:
Wheels by Wheeleez AU-
Canoe-Old Town Discovery119
Rods n Reels:
• Rod-Samaki Zing 5’4″ 4-10lb SZG-541SL
• Reel-Ecooda Blackhawk2 2000
• Reel-Finnor Rampage 2000
• Jigging Rod-Hearty Rise SS-681-1 (120g)
• Jigging Rod-Hearty Rise 53S-500 (500g)
• Jigging Reel-Finnor Lethal LT100
• Fly rod-Gavin Hurley #9 Saltwater Guide Series
• Fly Reel-Gavin Hurley #8/9 Saltwater Series
• Fly Line-Rio Tropical Clear Tip
Landrover Discovery 1995 model.
Faithful old girl, but need lots of maintenance.
4×4 Driving LED Lights by – Auxbeam
S4-series led headlight bulbs
V-series 32 inch RGBW led light bar
Buck – Fishlocker Black B549-BK-0
Help me by donating in these links.
• Donate with PAYPAL –
• PATREON – Contribute monthly to my video making efforts
Sound tracks made using Garageband. Some video’s are also made using Youtube’s Free Audio Library as the soundtrack.
Guiding inquiries welcome, please e-mail or message me.
Catch and Cook Playlist
Andy’s Choice Playlist